California Notice at Collection: If you are a California resident, you have a right to receive notice of our practices, including how we collect, use, share, sell, and retain personal information. You can find those details in the California sections of our State Specific Disclosures and by clicking on the above links.
Last revised: January 26, 2023
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. You are responsible for periodically reading this Policy. We will post all changes to this Policy on this page and the modified policy will specify its effective date. If we make material changes to the Policy, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law.
Information We Collect
The information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the products you use, and the choices you make.
We collect information about you from different sources and in various ways when you use our products, including information you provide directly, information collected automatically, third-party data sources, and data we infer or generate from this and other data.
Information You Provide Directly. We collect information you provide to us. For example:
- Contact information. Name, username or alias, email address, postal address, address book, and phone number.
- Demographic data. Age, birthdate, gender, and similar demographic details.
- Content and files. Photos, images, written posts, narrative content, documents, or other files you upload to our Service. If you email us or otherwise communicate with us, we will collect and retain those communications. Some of our games or applications may permit a user to record his or her voice and share such recordings with an opponent in the context of such game or application. Pocket Gems may use these recordings and post them as well as the contents of your play sessions on a publicly available page like Facebook, Instagram, or other social media platform (and link your data with your opponent). Pocket Gems may store these recordings on its servers.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you use the Service, we collect some information automatically. For example:
- Identifiers and device information. cookie identifiers, mobile IDs, unique device ID, MAC address, advertising identifier, Open UDID, IMEI number, hardware type, the version of your operating system (“OS”), Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language may be logged automatically. This information is useful to us for analytics and advertising, troubleshooting and also helps us understand usage trends. It may also be used to contact you with in-game technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Geolocation data. We may also give users the opportunity to opt-in to location-based services, which rely upon a device’s precise location services. You may opt-out of these precise location services via the settings on your device. We may also collect your general location (based on your IP address)
- Usage data. We automatically log your activity on the Service, including such usage data as in-app purchases, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of this activity, and the URL of the website from which you came to the Service.
Information We Create or Generate. We infer new information from other data we collect, including using automated means to generate information about your likely preferences or other characteristics (“inferences”).
Information From Third Parties. We also may obtain all categories of information described above from third party sources including, for example:
- Third-party partners. Third party applications and services, including those you choose to connect with or interact with through our services, that make users’ data available to others.
- Co-branding/joint partners. Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Service providers. Third parties that collect or provide data in connection with work they do on our behalf, for example companies that determine your device’s location based on its IP address.
Use of Information We Collect
- Product and service delivery. To provide and deliver the Service, including registering your account, securing, troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing the Service.
- Business operations. To operate our business, such as billing, accounting, improving our internal operations, securing our systems, and detecting fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Product improvement. To conduct product improvement, development, and research to improve our products, develop new products or features, and conduct research.
- Personalization. To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using the Service.
- Customer support. To provide customer support, respond to your questions, enforce our terms of service, and resolve disputes.
- Communications. To send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. We also use your data to connect you with other users of the Service.
- Marketing. To communicate with you about new products, offers, promotions, rewards, contests, upcoming events, and other information about the Service and those products and services of our selected partners (see the Email and SMS Preferences section of this Policy for how to change your preferences for promotional communications.).
Examples of how we collect and use your information include the following:
Facebook Connect. If you sign into the Service with Facebook Connect, we may collect any information that is available via your Facebook account or the Facebook API, including your first and last name, Facebook ID, Profile Picture/URL, list of Facebook friends, gender, locale, list of your devices, email, likes, and interests that have been listed in your Facebook profile. This information will be primarily used for user registration and in social features, which may include friend-to-friend or user-to-user interaction, chat, voice or messaging functionality, public leaderboards, head-to-head competition and other similar features. It may also be used to analyze usage trends and offer users certain of our features, games or promotions that may be of particular interest to them.
In-Game Dialog Boxes. When you register to play our games through the Service, we may ask whether you’d like to provide us with certain pieces of information, which could include: your email, username, phone number, gender, birthdate, home address, and address book. We will do this through in-game dialog boxes, which you may choose to skip. If you provide your email address in connection with a Pocket Gems game, the email address will be retained by Pocket Gems and we may use that email address to contact you about your gaming experience with Pocket Gems games and notify you about company news and promotions. We may also use your email address for friend-to-friend or user-to-user interaction and chat, voice or messaging functionality and other similar features. Your username may be used for social features in our games (e.g., presenting someone’s name on a message board). Your phone number may be used to help connect you with other users via our social networking system and for SMS notifications. Your gender and birthdate may be used to analyze user trends and target certain promotions. Your home address will be used if we have merchandise or other physical promotional materials we want to send to you. We may also request access to your address book to connect you to other players in the game.
Email Newsletter. You may elect to sign up for the Pocket Gems email newsletter, which will contain information and advertisements about our products. We may also contact you with targeted email promotions.
Website. We may also collect information about your usage and activity, such as number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of this activity. We may use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different sources to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience.
Disclosure of Your Information
Pocket Gems may share all categories of personal information described above as approved by you or as described below:
- Public information. Our Service publicly displays and shares your name and/or username and certain other information, such as your content, files, and general location data.
- Third Party Partners. We share your personal information with third parties when you tell us to do so. For example, when you agree to our sharing of information collected through our Service with other third party partners for their own marketing purposes. The information shared with such third party partners is subject to their privacy policies.
- Service Providers. We share personal information with vendors or agents performing services on our behalf. Examples of these services include sending e-mails to you and analyzing data on our behalf.
- Legal and Law Enforcement. We may release such information as permitted by law or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, safety, or security of us or our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- We may share your information, which may include personal information, in connection with a corporate transaction or proceeding such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of our assets, bankruptcy, divestiture, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Third party analytics and ad tech companies also collect information, which may include personal information, through the Service as described in our Cookies section. These third party vendors may combine this data across multiple sites and devices to improve analytics and advertising for their own purpose and others. For example, we use Google Analytics and Google Signals on our Service to better target our ads and to help us understand how users interact with our Service including any of our ads. You can learn how Google collects and uses information at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Finally, we may share aggregate and/or de-identified data in accordance with applicable law.
In the course of providing our Service on third party platforms/marketplaces, such as Apple’s App Store, the platforms/marketplaces may collect information about you or receive information from us in order for the platforms/marketplaces to provide or analyze their services. Please note that these platforms/marketplaces were developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by Pocket Gems and that Pocket Gems is not responsible for the actions of those people or companies. You should carefully review the terms of service and privacy policies of the platforms/third-party marketplaces that you use to access our Service.
Please note that some of our products also include references or links to products provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide information to any of those third parties, or consent to our sharing information with them, that information is governed by their privacy statements.
Third Party Tools/Analytics
The Service may also contain third party tracking tools from third party service providers, which may enable these third parties to analyze our users’ information. These third parties may have access to your information, which may include personal information, in connection with the performance of services for Pocket Gems.
You may see our games advertised in other applications or websites. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing our game, you will become a user of the Service. A device identifier and in-game or user session activity may be shared with the advertiser as described in our Cookie section above.
You may see an “offer wall” displayed in our games that is hosted by an offer wall provider. The offer wall enables advertisers to provide virtual currency to you in exchange for interacting with an advertisement or for completing a marketing offer with one of those advertisers. The offer wall providers may collect information about you, including a device identifier, device type, device brand, device model, OS type/version, network type, device language, device locale, and IP address. In addition, the offer wall provider may collect information related to the performance of the advertisements such as how many times an advertisement is shown, how long an advertisement is viewed, and any click-throughs of an advertisement.
In addition, Pocket Gems may have advertisements in its games regarding other applications or services that are served by third parties. These third parties may collect and use information about you, as described in the Cookie section https://pocketgems.com/cookie-policy/.
Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Information
Email and SMS Preferences
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails and SMS messages from us by following the instructions in those emails and messages. If you opt-out of emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Choices for Cookies
See the Cookies section for choices about cookies and other analytics and advertising controls.
State Specific Disclosures (California and Virginia)
If you are a California or Virginia resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), you have certain rights with respect to that personal information. Please visit https://pocketgems.com/state-specific-disclosures/ for disclosures pertaining to California and Virginia residents.
Pocket Gems has put in place technical and organizational measures to help secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Also, please note that email and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us personal information through these mediums.
To help us protect your personal information, we request that you use a strong password and never share your password with anyone or use the same password with other sites or accounts.
Do Not Track
Retention of Personal Information
We generally retain personal information for two months or as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world, including the United States. If you are located in regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction